Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Replacement center/brake light for Shorelandr - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 02-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Slot Fish

Default Replacement center/brake light for Shorelandr

I cracked the center/brake light on the back of my 2016 Shoreland'r (Lund Custom) trailer. I'm curious if anyone here can point me to an online source to order a replacement. I know I can go to my dealer (3 hours away) but thought if Shoreland'r sources their lights from a third party they may be conveniently available online.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	244361  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Mallard View Post
I cracked the center/brake light on the back of my 2016 Shoreland'r (Lund Custom) trailer. I'm curious if anyone here can point me to an online source to order a replacement. I know I can go to my dealer (3 hours away) but thought if Shoreland'r sources their lights from a third party they may be conveniently available online.

Thanks
Look on Ebay, there are dozens to choose from. Probably will not find a better price anywhere or get it as quick anywhere else.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:48 AM
Charter Member

Measure the length of the current light bar, and order one of appropriate length:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tail+light+bar

If you have Amazon preferred - you will receive the order in two days.

Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2017, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

Mallard,
May suggest looking at some stores. I also had to replace mine and saw places such as Walmart, Northern Tool and Bass Pro sell light bars. I have a karavan trailer and the one I picked up at a store was almost an exact replacement. May be an option to research.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:22 AM
Slot Fish

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. I had searched Amazon but everything I found had the mounting holes at the end. On closer inspection I found a part number right where the break was. Searching on the part number I found the OEM to be Peterson Manufacturing, part number 169-3R Thought I'd post in case anyone else had one needing replacement. It's very well built - just not able to stand up to my dumb mistakes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00081EXC2
Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Slot Fish

You could always switch it to 3 smaller lights.
Lots of trailers come this way.
You would have to drill a few new holes but you would be able to reuse all the old ones.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Mallard View Post

Thanks
Just for point of clarification; The light you speak of is NOT a brake light. It is wired to the running lights only. The three properly spaced individual lights are an indicator to other drivers that your trailer is over a certain width. I can't remember what that width is, but narrower trailers are not required to have the three light set in the middle.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Wallhanger

https://www.trailerpart.com/p-4750-r...r-3-diode.aspx

This may do the trick.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Keeper

Default Running lights

The light bar at the center of your Shorelander is used to indicate that your trailer is over 80" wide. It falls under the same law as semi-trailers. I have also seen them on the tailgate of dually pickup trucks.