Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Does a dead fish always float? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 02-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Does a dead fish always float?

Thanks for all the input.I released some nice eyes this winter that came out of 45ft. We kept them just long enough to get some pictures then released them.I don't imagine we had them out of the water over half a minute and they all swam straight down when they were released.I hope they made it because we don't have enough good fish in our lake as it is.WC has a good forum for learning and sharing info...Keep it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Does a dead fish always float?

Texeye:

Some years ago on a 70 mile bush road drive into an outfitter in western Quebec for a one week trout trip, I came across a truck that was pulled over due to breakdown. The truck and its trailer contained numerous tanks full of stocker speckled trout from 3/4 lb to 4 lbs. The guy was frantic because he had run out of oygen to oxgenate the trout and some of them had already died. I gave him a lift to the outfitter camp and the outfitter promply went back with a huge tractor and towed the truck and trailer into camp. In their haste to save as many trout as possible, they dumped the entire contents of all tanks into the lake from the dock. The dead trout, easily over a hundred, lay on the bottom for the duration of the week that I was there. Sad but true. By the way, I never returned.