Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Resorts on Canadian side of Rainy Lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-23-2003, 08:22 PM
eyeowa

Default Resorts on Canadian side of Rainy Lake

Does anyone out there know of a website that lists the resorts on the Canadian side of Rainy Lake. Iv'e been searching the net trying everything I can think of for a search and only come up with a few resorts. There must be a lot more than I'm finding. Have tried the website for Fort Francis Chamber of Commerce, Sunset Country and several others without much luck. Iv'e had no problem finding lots of resorts on the U.S. side but would rather fish from the Canadian side. Can anyone help?
Old 01-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Keeper

Default RE: Resorts on Canadian side of Rainy Lake

I know of most of the places on Rainy, both sides. Send me some mail and I will try to help you out....

rainylake@qwest.net

dw
Old 01-24-2003, 05:56 AM
Gary_IA

A few years ago I obtained a "1999 Fishing & Vacation Guide Map". It shows parts of Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake & Quetico Park, known as the "Rendezvous Trail Area" Call 1-800-663-2599
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2003, 01:08 PM
Minnow

I have a private 3 bedroom cottage that I rent out weekly on an island if you are interested markturple@hotmail.com for info and pics the Rendevous is also a nice place-thanks Walli
Old 01-26-2003, 02:43 PM
harvey cochrane

i'm a full time guide in summer, i can set you up anywhere you need and can save you some money at the sametime. i know the area very well and must tell you about the other lake that are in the area like lake of the woods, crow lake, lower and upper manitou, rainy river, great places. stay a week and have an awesome vacation.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Minnow

Harvey please e-mail me so we can talk

Thanks,Dave
lala1@cableaz.com
Old 01-26-2003, 07:02 PM
bassmanjc

I saw your message and thought of a great place for you to go on the canadian side of rainy lake. It's called Campfire Island Lodge. I've been there a few times myself and have always enjoyed the trip. Its a great place and the guides bring you some amazing fishing. Im talking smallmouth heaven!!! Dean and the rest of the guides make sure you catch fish after fish. I've caught many of 4 pound smallies and a few 5's there....the fishing is awesome. YOu should check out there web site www.campfireisland.com, and if you talk to them tell them cooncain send you. Anyway have a great trip fishing rainy lake ...i always do.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Wallhanger

Bassmanjc seems like he is either the owner of the lodge, affiliated with them, or a long time customer looking for the owner to give him a free trip if he rounds up enough customers.

You have cut and pasted the exact same reply to a few other people looking for lodges.

If the lodge you represent wants advertising he should be paying Walleye central.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:57 PM
bassmanjc

Hey River_eye,
Nice of you to question my motives on this website. Actually I'm not affiliated with this camp at all. I experienced the trip of a lifetime there and I know that if other people go there they will have a blast. There are many camps in the area and none compare to that of campfire island. If you want to discuss any other issues you can email me at bassmanjc@hotmail.com, instead of discussing it on a webpage.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:56 AM
The Great Guide

Taylors Cove 807-481-2526
The Fisheries 807-481-2534
Coppens Resort ??????????

All three of these resorts are nice, well maintained and have good owners. They are on Bear Pass and you will have easy access to Baseline, Red Gut, Swell and Seine Bays. My pick is Tayor's. The downside of the Fisheries is that they are located on a railroad track and the trains will blast you out of bed at night.

TGG