Walleye Message Central

Walleye Message Central (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Resorts on Canadian side of Rainy Lake (https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71201)

eyeowa 01-23-2003 08:22 PM

Resorts on Canadian side of Rainy Lake

Does anyone out there know of a website that lists the resorts on the Canadian side of Rainy Lake. Iv'e been searching the net trying everything I can think of for a search and only come up with a few resorts. There must be a lot more than I'm finding. Have tried the website for Fort Francis Chamber of Commerce, Sunset Country and several others without much luck. Iv'e had no problem finding lots of resorts on the U.S. side but would rather fish from the Canadian side. Can anyone help?

David/MN 01-23-2003 09:10 PM

RE: Resorts on Canadian side of Rainy Lake

I know of most of the places on Rainy, both sides. Send me some mail and I will try to help you out....

[email]rainylake@qwest.net[/email]

dw

Gary_IA 01-24-2003 05:56 AM

A few years ago I obtained a "1999 Fishing & Vacation Guide Map". It shows parts of Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake & Quetico Park, known as the "Rendezvous Trail Area" Call 1-800-663-2599

Walli 01-26-2003 01:08 PM

I have a private 3 bedroom cottage that I rent out weekly on an island if you are interested [email]markturple@hotmail.com[/email] for info and pics the Rendevous is also a nice place-thanks Walli

harvey cochrane 01-26-2003 02:43 PM

i'm a full time guide in summer, i can set you up anywhere you need and can save you some money at the sametime. i know the area very well and must tell you about the other lake that are in the area like lake of the woods, crow lake, lower and upper manitou, rainy river, great places. stay a week and have an awesome vacation.

bassmanjc 01-26-2003 07:02 PM

I saw your message and thought of a great place for you to go on the canadian side of rainy lake. It's called Campfire Island Lodge. I've been there a few times myself and have always enjoyed the trip. Its a great place and the guides bring you some amazing fishing. Im talking smallmouth heaven!!! Dean and the rest of the guides make sure you catch fish after fish. I've caught many of 4 pound smallies and a few 5's there....the fishing is awesome. YOu should check out there web site [url]www.campfireisland.com[/url], and if you talk to them tell them cooncain send you. Anyway have a great trip fishing rainy lake ...i always do.

River_eye 01-26-2003 07:08 PM

Bassmanjc seems like he is either the owner of the lodge, affiliated with them, or a long time customer looking for the owner to give him a free trip if he rounds up enough customers.

You have cut and pasted the exact same reply to a few other people looking for lodges.

If the lodge you represent wants advertising he should be paying Walleye central.

The Great Guide 01-27-2003 10:56 AM

Taylors Cove 807-481-2526
The Fisheries 807-481-2534
Coppens Resort ??????????

All three of these resorts are nice, well maintained and have good owners. They are on Bear Pass and you will have easy access to Baseline, Red Gut, Swell and Seine Bays. My pick is Tayor's. The downside of the Fisheries is that they are located on a railroad track and the trains will blast you out of bed at night.

TGG

Gary_IA 01-27-2003 01:26 PM

[url]http://www.kenoraontario.net/fortfrances.htm[/url]

At north end of north arm of Rainy Lake there is a fishing camp known as Cascade Camp. If you look at a map of Rainy Lake you will find Cascade Falls, the camp is within site and the current from the falls. Call 1-807-274-3234

I fished at this older no frills camp 3 years ago just after the Canadian National Bass Tournament. The camp has a clean fish house and maintains the lawn nicely. The cabins are old, have a variety of furniture and appliances. If all you want is functional and a roof over your head, hot and cold running water, flush toilets, propane grill, boat and operable 15 hp outboard at very reasonable daily rate this place may be for you.

By the way, it was the best smallmouth fishing I have ever experienced or expect to experience. The best fishing was off our dock. I caught 6 fish on 7 casts. My brothers trading off with each other caught 13 straight. Either small pieces of nightcrawler or a leech on a jig cast into the current is the way to go. Don't get me wrong they didn't bite 24/7 but they were biting more often and not.

CJ 01-27-2003 03:15 PM

I have stayed at Coppens a couple of times and the fishing was great. No complaints about the cabins or anything. Last year we drove up to The Fisheries to buy some beer and got to look around. Looked like a real nice place. It seemed alot bigger than Coppens but it looked like you would have more choices in cabin sizes. I am going back to coppens this year because of the location more than anything.